Monday, February 25, 2008

The 3rd Trimester Begins


I had my prental appointment today, and all is well.

I'm measuring 28 weeks, so am slowing down since last month I was measuring two weeks ahead. We'll see where I am in another two weeks at my next visit. I can't believe I am starting the two week visits already! Where did the time go?

I have gained a total of 8 pounds, which is considerably less than this point during my pregnancy with Jak.

My bp was 92 over 60--how low can you go?

Baby's hearbeat was about 138 today.

Baby and Mom are doing well. John is moving all over and we're hoping that he'll be moving his little head downward in the next few weeks. I have a feeling he will since I will be quite active packing up the entire house and moving it into our new one.

My appetite (and heartburn!) is increasing, sleep is decreasing, and my hips are expanding. Oh, the joys of pregnancy! ;)

I'm looking forward to getting this move on, so that I can settle in and nest. I feel pretty unsettled right now as far as housing and packing go, and am having a hard time visualizing the rest of my pregnancy and impending birth. I find that this time around, at least for right now, I'm anxious about how things will go. This is odd for me since I fully believe in my body's power and capability to birth naturally. I know this feeling of uncertainty will wane once I am settled but for now, I don't like it.

No comments: