Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Warm Fuzzies, et al.

I am sitting here in my living room, enjoying the the beautiful sun shining through the picture window. It was quite chilly this morning, and I wondered if our Fall was already over and Old Man Winter was quickly approaching. But now, the sun is back out and it feels so good. I'm so cozy I could sit here all day and soak in the heat and brightness from the sun as it cascades over the room; it's so inviting right now. I've got my Fall decorations out and I'm feeling all homey. If you know me at all, you know that Fall is by far, my favorite season. So, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside right now and could stay in this place all day long. Ahh, the house, the clean rooms, the quiet hum of the laundry machines, the candle burning, the--

--back to reality. The kids are sleeping and they'll soon be up! Blog fast! Blog fast!

OK, so if you scroll down a bit you'll notice that Jak spoke his first 3 word sentence just a few hours ago. This is a big deal for us! He is talking all the time and we've heard 2 word sentences like, "Bye, Daddy.", "Help, Mommy.", "Hug Baby.", and my favorite, "All Done!". But we are in all new territory today! As much as I love all the baby stages, I am looking forward to being able to have conversations with my little buddy!

Jak also has a daily routine of bringing out every single stuffed animal that he owns, along with ones that he doesn't own (his brother's), and putting them in the living room. One by one, he brings them out, and throws them into a pile. I don't much mind this daily occurrence because it he enjoys it (read: frees up Mommy to quick do something around the house!). Yesterday, as we were getting ready for lunch and naps, I told him to put his animals away. He refused. I told him again. "No." Then I told him that his animals had to take a nap so he needed to put them away. Eagerly, one by one, the animals went back to his room and settled in for their nap.

Who knew a simple spin on words would work wonders and avoid an all out meltdown?

As for John-boy, he went to the Dr. yesterday for his 4 month check--up. 4 months, people! Where does the time go???

The report was good, just as I figured. He is weighing in at 19.12 pounds! Yep, you read that right, almost 20 pounds. The Dr. said I have amazing breast milk. Well, what can I say? Pretty soon I'm gonna have amazing biceps too! This kid is h-e-a-v-y! He's 27 inches long, too. So, he's in the 98.97 percentile for weight and 94 percentile for height. I'm going to have to start pushing the recruiters away from our house soon if he keeps this up!

I also have some exciting-to-me news that I will share with you, but not for about 8-10 weeks yet. Since a previous post I wrote caused quite the stir among some family folks, I will spare you some suspense and let you know that no, I'm not pregnant. At least not that I know of. And if I am and don't know it yet, then forget the exciting news in 8-10 weeks because it'll be put to the back-burner until God knows when.

That's it for now. I'm off to wash the floor. More on that later.

2 comments:

Gene and Annie said...

What a fun post!! I love the amazing breast milk!! Can't wait to hear your news?

Jack's Mommy said...

howdy! doesn't it make you wanna cry to see 'em grow soooo fast?!!! jack-evan has passed the 15 lb mark now...shoot...and they say us mommies need more exercise. pish posh. they should try carrying around an extra 15-20 lb bulk every day like we do!! hehe...

:::flexes biceps, and strikes a terminator pose::: arnold, eat your heart out. teehee