Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary, My Love!


Three years ago today I spoke these words before God and our loved ones:

"I Kelly, take thee Jeffery, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part. This is my solemn vow."

And it still is.

Jeffery,
You are my rock.
You are my lover.
You are silent strength.
You are my dreaming partner.
You are my moving buddy. ;)
You are my secret keeper.
You are my strongest supporter.
You are my happiness sharer.
You are my devoted and prayerful husband.
You are the knowing glance from across the room.
You are the king of the grill.
You are the scrubber of the pots.
You are the rubber of my shoulders.
You are the kiss on my forehead.
You are the fingers intertwined with mine.
You are the strong arms around me.
You are the soft touch that caresses me.
You are the voice that cheers me on.
You are the mind that believes in me.
You are the stability that I crave.
You are the silliness when no one else is around.
You are the daddy who snuggles.
You are the laughter in our home.
You are the thrower of the ball.
You are the hero of my sons.
You are the provider for our family.
You are the whisper in my ear.
You are the chills down my back.
You are the warmth on a cold day.
You are the knowledge that I seek.
You are the comfort I love coming home to.
You are the shoulder that I cry on.
You are the unconditional love that I cherish.
You are the man of my dreams.
You are the knight of my heart.

You are the love of my life.
You are God's gift to me.

Jeffery, there is no one else I'd rather be with on this adventure. Thank you for your steadfast patience and unconditional love.
I Love You and am ever Thankful that God knew exactly what I needed when He gave me you.
Proverbs 3:3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I came across your page by browsing through random blogs. I recently started a blog titled 'Our Extraordinary Love.' The idea is for people to send me their love stories so that I can share them on my blog. I'm hoping that by doing so, I will inspire people to love a little more and let them know that real love does exist, in all forms. I was wondering if you and your husband would want to share your love story..

You can find way more info on the blog:
http://ourextraordinarylove.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

-Candace